Colleges & Universities
Columbia State Community College
Columbia State Community College founded in 1966, is Tennessee's first two-year college. CSCC has five convenient campuses and offer more than 50 programs of study. The Lawrence County Campus provides students with online and in-class courses, in both credit and non-credit formats and is home to a Criminal Justice Language Academy serving emergency officials across Tennessee. Columbia State’s Center for Economic and Community Development delivers customized programs for business and industry training, continuing education, and other community services. The College is part of the TJCCAA sports association, and has nationally-recognized baseball, softball and basketball teams. Approximately half of Columbia State's degree seeking students transfer to four-year institutions and the other half enter immediate employment in their field.
Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology
Lawrenceburg, Pulaski, Hohenwald
The Tennessee Technology Center offers occupational training programs which exhibit the school's mission of providing competency-based training of the highest quality that will qualify individuals for employment and/or job advancement.
• Machine Tool Technology, Residential Wiring and Plumbing and Welding Technology are designed to accommodate dual enrolled high school juniors and seniors as well as adult students which expand the available skilled workforce in the county.
• $300,000 in new equipment to better prepare Lawrence County graduates for today's industrial environment.
• Active member in the SkillsUSA program which promotes skill competition and professionalism, on a state, regional, and national level for adults and high school students.
• Accredited member of the Council on Occupational Education.
• Utilizes the KeyTrain program to prepare adult students to pass the WorkKeys assessment to qualify for a Career Readiness Certificate available through the Tennessee Career Centers.
• Customized training programs on-site or off-site with flexible schedules to fit company/employee needs.
• Additional programs include Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN), Computer Operations Technology, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC), and Advanced Manufacturing.
• Technical Assistance for aid in establishing apprenticeship programs and applying for Tennessee Job Skills grants.
Other Area Universities